Friday, May 15, 2009

Skate Park Model photo

Skate Park Model Photo - TGIF! It looks like it is going to be a great day.

Here is a still photo of the skate park model for you to see at your leisure. Even though I have to admit the video is pretty great, it makes it difficult to really look at the overall model. So here it is.


Last night Jeff and I went to the Urbana Country Club for his graduation from the Leadership program. He has been attending class one day each month for nine months to learn more about Champaign County, what it has to offer, and how to be a better leader within the county. We were served a very nice meal of salad, chicken cordon blue, asparagus and potatoes and a yummy dessert-an ice cream ball with pecans and hot fudge. Then we were entertained by Mrs. Dawn Allen, a principal at Graham Elementary, who spoke about how she is using her teaching skills to inspire and lead other teachers to make the learning experience fun and eye opening for the kids. She was a great speaker - I wish she would have talked more. I am sure she was a great teacher for the kids and I know she is becoming a great leader for the school district. I know we sure appreciate what she does for the band program.

Speaking of the band, this evening is the Relay for Life walk at the Champaign County fairgrounds. The Graham Dancin' Band from Falcon land will be performing around 5:15. Come out and support the cancer walk and watch the Dancin' band in action! If you see me, make sure you say hi and let me know you saw our blog. I will be wearing my Yoder Concrete Construction t-shirt. Also visit the skate park progress at Melvin Miller park while you are in town, but remember to stay OFF the concrete as it is still curing. And stop at Lost Nation Boardsports downtown. They have the real model to view. I think they are open until 8pm. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment