Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Ok, I know it isn't Friday, which is when I usually post an update, but I got these pictures from Kevin from Lost Nation Boardsports and had to share them with you. Plus, between you and me, I am taking a class at Ohio Hi-Point to learn more about social media, and our homework is to work on a blog. I thought this little video might get me extra credit! Just don't tell Mr. Haggerty that my sixteen year old son helped with it (just a little. ) No, I don't typically listen to The Offspring, but I have heard it enough to know it would make great background music for the skate park.

I finally got to see what a Euro gap is. Some of these I could have figured out - pyramid, stairs, ledge... not too difficult to label. There is a volcano, too - you can see it in the first picture of the whole model. And they actually poured the real concrete volcano this week. Jeff took some pictures, so as soon as I get them, I will post them for you to see. Let me know what you think of this project. Tell your friends about it. Plan on visiting this summer to try it out. But stay off of it until we say it is okay. The concrete isn't cured hard yet, so we don't want to mess up the edges or it just won't be the same for everyone to enjoy.

Have a safe week! God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Great video of the model Roberta. Can't wait to see the finished product! Do you think you'll get out there and give a few of these skaters a run for their money?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe they can give me some lessons! Does Indian Lake Outfitters sell protective equipment for skateboarders? I would definitely need it!!

    ReplyDelete